With the humidity and heat, it’s no wonder we are headed for cooler foods. This fresh salad will have your palate tingling!
- 1 cup sweet potato (diced)
- ½ cup Spanish onions, sliced
- 2 cups lettuce, chopped
- 1 cup spinach, chopped
- 400g Green Beans, cooked
- ¼ cup mango chutney
- 2 tbs lime juice
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- 1 tbs garlic, crushed
- Boil potato 5 mins until cooked, cool.
- Combine chutney and ingredients to make dressing in a large bowl.
- Add sweet potato, ¼ cup onion and beans to dressing. Stir well to coat.
- Place 1 cup spinach and lettuce mix on a plate. Tope with 1/3 cup of bean mixture and sprinkle evenly with ¼ cup onions.
Serving suggestion: serve with a fillet of grilled fish and freshly cracked pepper.
Tip: Serving sweet potato with the skin on has an added layer of texture as well as a higher fibre content.